Ultimate Best WiFi Extender Guide
A WiFi extender is a device that helps to extend the reach of a wireless network. It can be used to extend the range of an existing network or to create a new network in an area where there is no existing coverage.
Extenders work by receiving the signal from the router and amplifying it before transmitting it to the devices that are connected to it. They are available in a variety of sizes and shapes and can be used indoors or outdoors.
When choosing a WiFi extender, it is important to consider the size of the area that needs to be covered and the number of devices that will be connected to the network. There are a variety of different features that are available on WiFi extenders, so it is important to select one that meets the specific needs of the user.
Features Of Wifi Extenders:
WiFi extenders are designed to extend the range of your WiFi network. They work by amplifying the signal from your router and broadcasting it to a wider area. Some features of WiFi extenders include:
1. Increased range: WiFi extenders can extend the range of your WiFi network by up to double the original distance.
2. Increased speed: WiFi extenders can also increase the speed of your WiFi connection by up to 50%.
3. Compatibility: WiFi extenders are compatible with all types of routers and devices.
4. Easy to install: WiFi extenders are easy to install and can be used with any type of router.
5. Affordable: WiFi extenders are an affordable way to extend the range of your WiFi network.
How To Select The Best WiFi Extender:
A WiFi extender is a device that connects to your existing home network and creates a new, separate network using the same WiFi name (SSID). By creating this second network, the WiFi extender effectively doubles the coverage area of your home network.
The best WiFi extenders are those that are easy to set up and use, have a strong signal, and offer a wide range of features. Some WiFi extenders also include an Ethernet port, which allows you to hardwire a device into the network for a stronger, more reliable connection.
List Of Best WiFi Extenders:
1. Netgear Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender
The Nighthawk X6S Tri–Band WiFi Range Extender is a device that helps to extend the range of a wireless network. It is a dual band extender that supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies. The device has a maximum range of up to 10,000 square feet and can extend the WiFi signal to multiple devices simultaneously. It also features six external antennas for maximum coverage and is equipped with MU–MIMO technology for efficient data streaming. The Nighthawk X6S is easy to set up and can be managed using the Netgear Genie app. Read more about it on Expert Reviews.
2. Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender
The Linksys RE7000 is a powerful and versatile range extender that can extend the reach of your home Wi–Fi network. It has a fast and responsive web interface that makes it easy to configure and manage. The RE7000 also includes a built–in access point mode that lets you create a new Wi–Fi network anywhere in your home. Read more about it on TomsGuide.
3. TP-Link AC750 WiFi Range Extender
The RE7000 has a maximum range of up to 10,000 square feet and can extend the reach of your home Wi–Fi network to cover all your devices. It includes five Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired devices and supports up to 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on the 5GHz band. The RE7000 includes a built–in access point mode that lets you create a new Wi–Fi network anywhere in your home. This is perfect for homes with large or multi–story homes. The RE7000 also includes a built–in amplifier for boosting the range of your Wi–Fi signal.
4. D-Link DAP-1650 AC 1200 WiFi Range Extender
The D–Link DAP–1650 is a high–speed dual–band Wi–Fi router that supports the latest 802.11ac standard. It delivers speeds of up to 1200Mbps and is ideal for homes with multiple Wi–Fi devices. The DAP–1650 also includes four Ethernet ports for wired devices, a USB port for sharing storage or a printer, and a guest Wi–Fi network.
5. Amped Wireless REC10 WiFi Range Extender
The Amped Wireless REC10 WiFi Range Extender is a device that is designed to extend the range of a wireless network. It is a small, compact, and easy–to–use device that can be plugged into any electrical outlet. The REC10 has two antennas and can extend the range of a wireless network by up to 10,000 square feet. It also includes a built–in amplifier for boosting the signal of the wireless network. The REC10 is compatible with all major wireless router brands and can be used with any WiFi–enabled device.
RangeXTD is a WiFi booster that helps extend the range of your home WiFi network. It is a small, easy–to–use device that plugs into an electrical outlet and uses your home’s existing wiring to extend the reach of your WiFi signal. With RangeXTD, you can enjoy better WiFi performance in any room of your house, even if it’s far from your router. You can read more about RangeXTD in this review.
Cons Of WiFi Extenders:
However, there are also some disadvantages of using WiFi extenders:
1. Interference: WiFi extenders can cause interference with other electronic devices such as cordless phones and baby monitors.
2. Security: WiFi extenders can also reduce the security of your WiFi network.
3. Limited range: WiFi extenders only extend the range of your WiFi network by a limited amount.
4. Limited speed: WiFi extenders also only increase the speed of your WiFi connection by a limited amount.
5. Compatibility: WiFi extenders are not compatible with all types of routers and devices.
Overall, WiFi extenders are a good way to extend the range of your WiFi network. They are easy to install, compatible with most devices, and relatively affordable. However, they do have some drawbacks such as interference, security, and limited range and speed.